We all know that the Thanksgiving meal is the main event on Turkey Day, but there is no better way to prepare for the feast than with a fat-burning workout. As many pilgrims say, “thou shall work hard, if thou desires to play hard”. You’re allowed to play hard and indulge in all the delicious food, but you also have to work hard during your pre-feast workout.
Don’t fret! We’re here to help. We’ve developed two workouts to incorporate into your Turkey Day traditions of watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and cheering on your favorite football team. These exercise outlines will help you maximize the sweat before the sweets!
Choose one of the two workouts below and perform the corresponding exercise every time a list item occurs. Want more of a challenge? Grab some canned cranberry sauce as weights!
Thanksgiving Parade Workout
- Every time someone says “turkey” or “pie” – 5 push-ups
- Every time a new celebrity is introduced – 5 squats
- Every time someone says, “Macy’s” – 10 bicycle crunches
- Every commercial break – perform butt-kickers for the duration of 2 commercials
- Every new musical number – perform high knees for the duration of the song
- Every Snoopy sighting – 15 burpees
Thanksgiving Football Workout
- Every 1st down – 5 squats
- Every penalty – 10 push-ups
- Every timeout – hold a plank for the duration of the timeout
- Either team scores a field goal – 10 dead bugs
- Opposing team scores a TOUCHDOWN – 10 burpees
- Your team scores a TOUCHDOWN – hydrate!
Have any questions about these workouts, the exercises or fitness in general? Email us or stop by FFC Boystown anytime!
Post written by FFC Boystown Personal Trainers Sedona Buttner and Luke Meierdiercks.